Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Miso & Sweet Chili Stir Fry with Brown Rice & a Fried Egg


This dish could also be called "The Wife's Nightmare." There is not much on this plate that she would consider eating. I'm not kidding. So I sneak it in at lunch when I can. It is so simple and fast that it makes a great lunch dish, especially if you have the rice pre-made.

3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
1 teaspoon red miso paste
3 tablespoons water
Assorted veggies (celery, carrot, kale sprouts, onion, peppers)
2 cups cooked brown rice
1 egg
olive oil
braggs
chili hot oil (like layu)
Mix the miso pate, water, and sweet chili in a small bowl. Pour a few tablespoons of olive oil into a large frying pan or wok. Allow the pan to heat up over high heat until the oil shimmers. Add the veggies and toss. Allow them to cook for about 4 minutes before adding your sauce. Cook another minute, and then place veggies over a mound of brown rice. Fry egg in the same pan and place on top of the veggies. Garnish with braggs and chili oil.


2 comments:

Alex said...

Man, that sounds delicious. I'm curious, what specifically would your wife be so opposed to!?

Dazy said...

I'm making this for lunch today. I think I'll try to shoot it, but I don't think it will be as pretty as your picture!